Few things on Earth are better than a soft, warm chocolate chip cookie – few things, that is, except a perfectly baked MMJ chocolate chip cookie. The deliciously sweet cookie paired with the pleasant effects of the cannabis makes for an irresistible treat that simply can’t be beat. Cookies are one of the most popular marijuana edibles people seek.
If you’re wondering how to make the best chocolate chip cookies with marijuana, the good news is that it isn’t too complicated.
Making Cannabutter to Use in MMJ Cookie Recipe
Many people assume that making marijuana-enhanced cookies means you simply stir the raw cannabis in with all the other ingredients, but that’s actually a recipe for disappointment. Cookies made with raw marijuana will taste pretty terrible, and they’ll provide little to no high.
If you want to work with the best weed chocolate chip cookie recipe, you’ll need to whip up a batch of cannabutter, a cannabis-infused butter, which is easier than it may sound.
First, decarboxylate your cannabis. This step is optional, and activates the THC and CBD. Take 0.25 oz. of ground cannabis and spread in on a baking sheet. Then, bake it at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20-30 minutes, and let it cool.
Melt 1/3 cup butter in a small saucepan, stirring in the 0.25 oz. of cannabis. Simmer the mixture on low heat for between 10 and 20 minutes, making sure to stir constantly.
Let the butter mixture cool, and then use a mesh strainer to strain it into a bowl. This will remove the ground cannabis (you can throw it out), and give you a smooth and creamy cannabis-infused butter.
Best Recipe for Cannabis Chocolate Chip Cookies
Now that you have a batch of cannabutter, you’re ready to bake a batch of cookies.
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|½||cup white sugar|
|½||cup brown sugar|
|2||cups semi-sweet chocolate chips|
|1||cup chopped pecans (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the cannabutter, white sugar, and vanilla.
- Add one egg to the bowl that contains the cannabutter mixture, and beat until it is well-mixed. Add the second egg and repeat this process.
- Add the flour mixture a little bit at a time mixing continuously until it is all incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Roll the batter into six small balls, and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool before eating.
How to Calculate Your Dosage and Serving Size
Serving size will depend on the marijuana you choose to use, but there is a simple way to calculate the dosage of your cookies.
- Calculate the amount of THC that is contained in one gram of your marijuana of choice.
- Using this number, figure out how much THC is in your cannabutter.
- Calculate the amount of THC in your cookies, based off of the amount of cannabutter you used.
- Divide that number by the number of cookies you made. This will provide you with the THC dosage per cookie.
Weed Chocolate Chip Cookie Effects
Unlike smoking or vaporizing, eating marijuana edibles does not provide an immediate high. Expect to wait one to two hours for the effects to set in, and a high that lasts anywhere from four to eight hours. The specific effects will depend on the strain you choose to use, the dosage, and the THC percentage in your marijuana.
Tips for Consumption
Once you have successfully baked your marijuana chocolate cookies, there are a few things you should know to ensure an excellent experience.
First, even if you have experience with smoking or vaporizing marijuana, take it slow the first time you enjoy edibles. You might find that your edibles, like your cookies, effect you a bit differently than other forms of marijuana. Try to avoid eating the cookies on an empty stomach, and definitely avoid mixing them with alcohol or other drugs.
Shop Arizona Natural Selections Today for MMJ Edibles & Ingredients
Keep your cookies fresh by storing them in an airtight container, and place them out of reach of kids and pets to be safe.
Finally, the quality of your cookies will be much higher if you use premium-quality flower. Choose a trusted medical marijuana dispensary like Arizona Natural Selections, and you can be confident that you are baking with only the best ingredients that any Phoenix dispensary has to offer. We also have a selection of premade baked MMJ edibles. Both our Peoria, Mesa, and Scottsdale dispensary stock high-quality cannabis products, and our professional staff can help you choose the best strain for your sweet treat. To learn more about AZ Natural Selections, contact our team today.