When many people think of marijuana edibles, brownies are the first sweet treat that comes to mind. A plate of soft, chocolatey brownies is nearly impossible to resist, and the addition of the positive effects of the added ingredient of cannabis takes the sweet treat to the next level.
Thankfully, you don’t have to be an expert in the kitchen to know how to make pot brownies. Using quality ingredients, creating a perfect cannabutter base, calculating dosage, and following a good recipe are all you need to make a perfect batch.
Creating & Using Cannabutter in Your Brownies
Many people assume that making pot brownies simply involves mixing raw marijuana into the batter. Actually, taking that route is going to leave you extremely disappointed – not only will you experience little to no high, but the brownies will taste terrible. Instead, take a little extra time and make cannabutter, a cannabis-infused butter.
Step One: The first (optional) step is to decarboxylate your cannabis, which is simply the scientific term for activating the THC and CBD. Simply place your ground cannabis (1/4 oz. per batch of cannabutter) on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20-30 minutes. Once it cools, you can move to the next step.
Step Two: Put the 1/4 oz. of cannabis in a saucepan with 1/3 cup butter. Simmer the mixture on low for about 10-20 minutes, stirring continuously.
Step Three: Let it cool, and then strain it into a bowl. Toss the cannabis, and incorporate the cannabutter into the best MMJ brownie recipe (below).
Cannabis Recipe: The Best Marijuana Brownies Ever
- 1-3 tablespoons cannabutter, at room temperature
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 4 ounces baking chocolate
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (sea salt is recommended)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the chocolate slowly, using either a double boiler or microwave at low power (stirring frequently is critical).
- Mix butter and melted chocolate.
- Stir in the cane sugar.
- Whisk together cannabutter, eggs, salt, and vanilla. Then add in the sugar/butter/chocolate mix, whisking well. Make sure evenly disperse the cannabutter into the mixture.
- Fold in the flour, using a large spatula to stir until it is mixed well.
- Place finished mix into a greased 9×12 pan, and bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Let cool before eating – or, scoop out a warm brownie and top with ice cream for a seriously decadent treat!
Calculating Your Dosage and Serving Size
- Calculate the amount of THC in each gram of the marijuana you plan to use.
- Figure out the amount of THC in your cannabutter recipe.
- Use the measurement of butter you plan to use in the brownies, and figure out how much THC is in that specific amount.
- Calculate the number of servings you plan per batch of recipe, and then divide the total THC by that number. This will give you the dosage per brownie.
Cannabis Brownie Effects
You can expect to wait between 45 minutes to two hours after eating a brownie to feel any effects, with the high lasting in the range of four to eight hours. The specific effects will depend largely on the strain you choose and the THC percentage in the bud (and the dosage you take).
Tips for Consumption
Now that you know how to make the best cannabis brownies, there are a few tips for making the best of your experience.
The best tip for marijuana brownies is to simply take it slow until you are familiar with the effects. Enjoy your brownies with other food (not on an empty stomach), and don’t mix with any other alcohol or drugs.
Store your brownies in an airtight container to preserve freshness, and be sure to keep them away from kids and pets.
Where to Buy MMJ Brownies in Phoenix
Just like any other dish you create in the kitchen, marijuana brownies will be even better if you use high-quality ingredients. Avoid low-quality flower, because you are likely to find that your time and energy is the kitchen will be wasted on a low-potency final product.
Instead, choose a trusted medical marijuana dispensary for high-quality flower to incorporate into your MMJ edibles. Arizona Natural Selections is a top Phoenix dispensary, with a loyal following of happy customers – and for good reason. Both our Scottsdale and Peoria dispensary stock premium-quality cannabis products, so you can be confident that you are purchasing the best flower for your pot brownies. Our experienced staff can point you in the right direction of a flower that fits your needs, and we can even provide helpful tips for sweet success.
To learn more about why AZ Natural Selections should be your first choice for all your medical marijuana needs, we invite you to contact our professional team today.